Spanish to English (US)
Hello! I’m Helen Unger Clark, Spanish to English (US) translator. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Hispanic Studies and Political Science. I have a Master’s in Education, specializing in Spanish Language and Literature. If those degrees weren’t enough, I hope to finish my Bachelor’s degree in Primary Education (Special Education and English) in Fall/Winter 2022. In addition to being a translator, I was an English teacher for the first ten years that I lived in Spain.
Professional Development: As I’m sure you’ve figured out, I love to learn. I have participated in a number of courses for translators, including:
- Poynter ACES Certificate in Editing
- Editing and Proofreading for Into-English Translators (Training for Translators)
- Spanish to English Translation Workshop (Training for Translators)
- Wine Translation Workshop (Taller de traducción vitivinícola) (GIRTraduvino y CIAM)
- Translation for the Wine Industry (Traducción vitivinícola-enológica) (Aula SIC)
- Translating Official Documents (Training for Translators)
- Challenges in Culinary Translation (El reto de la traducción gastronómica) (ASETRAD)
Professional Organizations: I’m a member of ATA, MET, ASETRAD, AEPEV, AAITE y ACES. I know—that’s a lot of letters! However, it means that I take translation seriously. I consider my membership in these organizations an important investment. They allow me to access quality training and network with other colleagues in the industry.
Are you looking for a translation in another language combination or area that I don’t work in? Please don’t hesitate to ask me for help. I’d love to recommend one of my colleagues to you!
Let’s work together! Contact me at email@example.com